TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Terrible Acceleration/Throttle Response Problem
People Seeking Info

Subject Terrible Acceleration/Throttle Response Problem

Posted by Gumbercules on August 10, 2015 at 5:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 1231 times.

Message I have a 90 TT and just changed the timing belt and put in a new clutch. Before this the car had sat for around 2 years. After everything was put back together the car now has no acceleration whatsoever and idles at or below 500 rpm. No matter how much I open the throttle the car accelerates at the same perfectly linear, very slow rate. The car revs up smoothly and does not misfire at any point from 0 rpm to redline. If I build up revs and attempt to launch, the car launches but instantly bogs down, but the new clutch holds. I can drive around, but the car is so weak I can barely get it up my driveway. I have checked the following items so far to no avail:

MAF - car initially wouldn't start at all and I replaced the MAF with a refurbished unit from my local auto parts store which fixed the start issue

TPS - connector was pretty corroded but continuity was good on the hard idle switch and the voltage readings on the position sensor were all within the specified ranges. I drove the car with this unplugged and it increased the idle speed to around 750, but didn't change the acceleration problem.

IACV - attempted to change the idle setting on the IACV, but it did not change the idle speed whatsoever, but disconnecting the IACV made a slight difference

Spark is good in all cylinders, fuel pressure was checked and looked good, timing is set at 15°, checked vacuum lines and can't hear or see any leak points

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get everything in. Appreciate any help I can get.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.