TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - if you feel like helping, here is a story:
People Seeking Info

Subject if you feel like helping, here is a story:

Posted by Samz91tt on August 09, 2015 at 1:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 339 times.

Message not to make the post long i will state my setup as briefly as possible.
My first engine failed due to failed oil pump, i ordered a used engine from canada (jdm) i had a z-mechanic to check the compression numbers were perfect around 155 +- 5.
i installed the engine and i spun a bearing due to oil pump failure as well. i had a mechanic replace the crankshaft and bearings and oil pump from a vg30dett he had lying around. the oil pump was brand new( bearings and crankshaft used) new oem headgaskets. mechanic has re used my used piston rings and pistons. i took the engine and installed ams exhaust manifolds(dont hate) i also installed ams 2.5" intercooler pipes with z1 BA 2.5" intercoolers (budget issues) i have selin translator and 2 JWT air filters. i also have full split 3" exhaust. installed oil pressure and temperature gauges. oil pressure is up to spec. i have 2 stock auto turbos with no shaft plays. i have a SZ eprom chip installed. engine has siliconne hoses all around and egr etc deleted.. not gona talk about other parts due to out of subject. Now my problem is : on boost jets i boosted 1 bar in stock intercoolers and pipes, now its 0.6 bar on the same boost jets but bigger intercoolers and pipings. now i have a code 34 knock sensor due to detonation which i heard myself since i filled bad fuel(maybe) (95 octane instead of 98) on safe boost the cars performance is amazing (0.5 bar) im really happy with performance result. staying on safe boost now till i get an afr soon and check the air/fuel ratio. i have an itermittent problem aswell, while driving out of nowhere mostly on very low speeds the engine would not rev if i press on the gas pedal instead it dies but doesnt turn off. i turn off and on the car and it disappears ( no problem now).. sorry for the clumsiness in ideas. if you read this far then i would like some help/guidance to what to do. thanks alot peace.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.