TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Not happy with results
People Seeking Info

Subject Not happy with results

Posted by TwinTurboByrd on June 08, 2015 at 8:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 740 times.

Message Ive been building my car over the course for 6 years now. I did all the major components first, then focused on breather mods after the car was "done". I have a 91 with stock heads and cams
*wiseco pistons and eagle rods
*gt600r turbos (2560r)
nismo 700cc injectors
*ams manifolds with 3" downpipes and FULL 3" z1 PG exhaust
*selin twin intake
and the most recent breather mods, AshSpec 2.5" v3 intercoolers and AshSpec 2.5" intercooler piping. I read numerous posts about the praises and saw several dynosheets showing upwards of 70-90 hp and torque gains with the ic piping and intercoolers (ashspec). I expected these last upgrades to really be the last missing piece of the puzzle. My previous setup was stock IC piping and an ebay FMIC. I had the ecu reprogrammed by SpecialtyZ after all the breather mods.
Now. Ill explain why im disappointed and hoping someone has some input. After reading all the praises and the the impressive dyno number increases, the "butt dyno" should be VERY obvious when driving with the new setup. I honestly feel the car was faster with the old IC piping and intercooler setup. After almost $1500 Im VERY disappointed. After every upgrade, the only notable increase was the 3" exhaust. Please tell me im missing something. No boost leaks, TPS calibrated, timing set. Im so let down this car doesn't perform better after 6 years and almost $13,000 bucks....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.