TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fresh overbore + Wiseco pistons, how to store block?
People Seeking Info

Subject Fresh overbore + Wiseco pistons, how to store block?

Posted by james92se on June 06, 2015 at 1:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 278 times.

Message Specifically, I'd like some input hopefully from some guys who have gone with Wiseco pistons. My bottom end is now together (Wiseco 20 over 87.5mm and Eagle rods), but I won't be putting the heads and whatnot on or putting the engine into the car until later this summer. So my assembled block will be sitting in my garage for a few months. I'm looking for something to coat the cylinder walls to prevent flash rusting etc. in the meantime.

I've heard of wiping the cylinder walls with ATF from a lot of people (primarily domestic guys), and I've heard some mentions of using WD-40. I have been reading some horror stories online of people using varying products on their walls and severely hampering ring break-in and being forever plagued with oil consumption issues.

So hopefully anybody with direct experience specifically with the Wisecos - what should I wipe my cylinder walls down with?

I don't have a Z, but I'm using Z parts in my Maxima engine. So I figure you guys would be the most applicable to my situation to offer input. Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.