TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Nice Work!
People Seeking Info

Subject Nice Work!

Posted by Cjw3 on June 06, 2015 at 9:30 AM
  This message has been viewed 225 times.

In Reply To SOLVED- Weird idle issues during warmup and while driving posted by madkiwi on June 05, 2015 at 08:06 PM

Message Lets work through the Software logic on this.. I like to find out why

The ECU is Warming up the Engine.. and will be watching Engine Temp/Time/Speed.. As the Temp is coming up, it will be lowering the Engine RPM.. as seen by graph 2..
If the ECU has called for a lowering of the Engine RPM, but has not seen it ( within some range ), then it will Open the AAC to try and unstick it ( as seen in graph 1 ). Then it will position back to where it thinks it should be.. and proceed with the warm up routine.. if it happens again, then it will jump up the idle, and reposition it again

OBD2 ECU will toss a P050X Error of Idle Speed not in range.. the 300 will just keep it a secret, and try an fix it..

That answers a Question I had with my Green '95NA.. it would have a slight ' 45 second Lope' at warm idle when running it's JWT 16 bit ECU.. but when the 8 Bit ECU was installed, it would idle smooth..

Likely the AAC Logic is different between the Generations of ECU's , and this Z is on it's way to needing it's AAC Cleaned..

Thanks for the Graphs.. it does make it clearer..

Great Work..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.