TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - IF it's already rounding off and you're going to replace it
People Seeking Info

Subject IF it's already rounding off and you're going to replace it

Posted by Zuberman on June 02, 2015 at 8:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 203 times.

In Reply To Any hints for removing this oil line bolt on turbo? posted by ZUL8R on June 01, 2015 at 09:41 PM

Message try my 'Granddaddy's Chisel Method' :)

"....BUT that pipe-fitting hex was stuck fo sho! All it did was start rounding off. So I stopped and got out my humongous chisel which has a slightly dull tip. I don't use this to chisel anything. I use it to bite into the edge of nuts and bolts that are rust-age frozen and break them loose. It's basically like the chisel from a jack-hammer. It's a beast from back in the day that my grandfather had when he ran his service station. I don't know what the hell he was smackin with it, but God bless him! Went back to the top of the engine, put the chisel on the right-hand edge of the pipe-fitting's hex and started firmly tapping the chisel with my hammer. After just a few taps and some gouging of the hex it started turning. Resistance is futile! Having it broken loose, I went back underneath and got the wrench on it and after a few small turns I could turn the hex with my hand. It got stuck due to the tension presented by the pipe that's going into it but I just went back to my wrench when that happened and then it freed up again and then I went back to turning with my hand, and then it got so loose that I could jiggle the pipe when it got stuck again and then go back to turning it by hand until it finally came completely loose....."

You might also try actually tightening it a tiny bit because in my experience that has broken the seal/bond/seizure and then you can loosen it. It amounts to cranking it back and forth.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.