TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - HELP... piss poor acceleration
People Seeking Info

Subject HELP... piss poor acceleration

Posted by paleahy07 on May 28, 2015 at 1:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

Message I have a 95 Z32 NA

The problem I'm having I've had for a while. It used to be very intermittent and it only happens when the car gets hot or sits in traffic for a few minutes.
If you give over 40% throttle it starts to choke up and wont really accelerate till it hits 2500 rpm then shoots off . But if you ease into the throttle it will accelerate normally as if you were driving it slowly.Being this problem used to be very intermittent i never payed much mind to it.
Recently i had done the timing belt, spark plugs, put dilectric greese on all the connectors, cleaned the MAF and changed the battery. After doing so this problem has become a constant... But only when hot[/b]

I have rechecked the timing marks and they are lined up perfectly.
I pulled codes and i have a 34 (knock sensor circuit).
I put on a new CAS and adjusting base timing ignition to 15 degreese BTDC.

I have tried keeping it in open loop by disconnecting the 02 sensors and the knock sensor (at seperate times) and acceleration only gets somewhat better.. not by much.
At idle it seems to run lean

when you give hard acceleration the scanner shows the ignition timing is being pulled down to [b]negative 26 degreese.

I know this problem is due to the ignition timing being so retarded but what the hell could be causing it to go so retarded only when its hot?

Thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.