TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Having trouble remounting upper intake plenum
People Seeking Info

Subject Having trouble remounting upper intake plenum

Posted by bfarren240 on May 24, 2015 at 6:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 289 times.

Message Okay guys, so this one seems obvious but I'm stumped. I'm having trouble getting the upper intake plenum to sit flush after a plenum pull and throttle body coolant line bypass on my '90 NA 2+2. I was wondering if anybody had some tips to get it to mount correctly, or if anyone has ran into this before.

I can't seem to get rid of a small 'wiggle' with the plenum moving about 1/8th inch up and down on each side. The center gasket mating surface is almost flush, but the 2 bolts on each side that go through the engine mounting bracket wont cooperate. Can't seem to match up both sides at the same time. Getting both EGR tubes to sit flush is a challenge too.

I've checked all the likely culprits including the new hose for the coolant bypass loop and new hose clamps, but to be sure I plan to also try mounting with these removed. I've also considered first removing the mounting brackets, then mounting the plenum to be flush with the gasket surface, and reinstalling the brackets after it's been mounted. I won't be back in the garage to try this for another week or so though, so I figure I'd see if anyone else ran into this in the meantime.

Any suggestions/ideas are much appreciated! Thanks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.