TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My hotshot alignment guy here, (decades in the biz) told me
People Seeking Info

Subject My hotshot alignment guy here, (decades in the biz) told me

Posted by Zuberman on May 24, 2015 at 2:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 216 times.

In Reply To I re-torqued wheels to 75ft-lbs. The last alignment shop I posted by shawnc on May 24, 2015 at 09:15 AM

Message quality tires are VERY important. He said the difference in longevity, resistance to flat spots, ride quality, handling and performance between some tires is so wide that you can EASILY notice it, and I have found it to be true: some tires ride smooth as glass while others make the car feel like it's going to shake apart. One of my hotshot mechanic buddys told me tires only have a shelf life of 6 years before the tire starts deteriorating, even inside, out of the sunlight, un-mounted. Seems like I'm constantly telling people the worst thing you can do to a car is let it sit, especially with poor quality fluids in it, and I'm actually guilty of letting mine sit for too long right now, and I'm VERY unhappy with myself for it :(
Unless you're using excellent high-quality fluids, go drive your car at least about once a week because low-quality fluids will drain off the top of the internal parts and those top parts won't have lubricant protection at start-up, not to mention a bunch of other bad stuff such as acids and moisture eating away at the metal. A car needs to run about 10-15 minutes to burn off all the moisture and for the filter to cycle and clean all the oil.
Hope you get it figured out :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.