TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Leaky valve seal symptoms should show up on decel. You
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Leaky valve seal symptoms should show up on decel. You

Posted by Quick_Z on May 22, 2015 at 8:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 494 times.

In Reply To Leaky valve seal symptoms should show up on decel. You posted by SirpriZ on May 22, 2015 at 03:28 PM

Message Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding.

I agree, I think the debris might be caused by bad turbo seals, even the oil and crap, but how is it getting into the intake? The turbo seals usually effect things getting into the exhaust, if I understand correctly, not the intake, right? Or am I wrong and can also get into the intake side (compressor) too?

Obviously the debris has to either come from the cylinder/valve seal area or from the intake/turbo. I really don't think it's coming from the cylinder because that would require a huge backflow out of the clyinder and that's not really possible, even during valve overlap time. The other possibility is that it is coming from the bad turbo seal, but the fast flow through the intake piping doesn't allow anything to drop out of the flow, only when the flow slows down enough on the back edge of the plenum, it deposits all the debris right there, kind of like river water.

Thanks again for your input. I really think that replacing turbos will fix this problem.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.