TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I agree with your assumption that zip tied wires
People Seeking Info

Subject I agree with your assumption that zip tied wires

Posted by ttz'in (norcal) on May 19, 2015 at 12:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 219 times.

In Reply To Re: Any knoweledge of an aftermarket alarm ? posted by CarolinaZ_TT on May 19, 2015 at 09:02 AM

Message by fuse panel are not OEM.
Other than aftermarket alarm (at some point), can't think of
any other reason for an assortment of wiring in that area.
Assuming you have eliminated any bad fuses, fusible links & relays have you also checked the diodes ? One is attached to the metal support bar above the FPCU behind driver seat, and the other is upper right corner above passenger side kick panel on white connector bracket. Both are blue with white caps.
Some accessories you mention not getting power are on different circuits which leads me to think that one wire or connection is affecting them all.
Having gone through this myself, you should start with removing all wiring that isn't OEM including pair of wires from turn signals to map lights and zip tied bundle by fuse panel. With OEM wiring being color coded re-connecting (if necessary ?) will be EZ.
Diodes have six small resistors (IIRC) on a board, remove white caps to inspect. In my case a burned resistor caused foot well courtesy lights not to come on.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.