TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A/C Operation and E fan setup
People Seeking Info

Subject A/C Operation and E fan setup

Posted by MrHypnotik on May 17, 2015 at 5:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 276 times.

Message I am trying to resolve an issue that I have with my a/c operation. I purchased Z1's e-fan setup years ago since I have a N/A. I have no overheating issues when the fan is in operation but I keep having A/C related problems. I am very familiar with the components in the Z32. I had an issue with the high pressure relief valve by the compressor on my last Z32 and replaced it since it had blown, re vacuumed down the a/c and recharged and never had an issue. which leads me to my current problems to my Z I have now. On hot days with my A/C on my Z will randomly purge Freon through this valve like its some kind of spring loaded pressure bleeder valve. Its weird and I was under the impression that these over-pressurization valves are one time use. I am thinking since my e-fan setup does not constantly pull air through the condenser while I am operating my A/C I am having an overheating issue within my A/C system that is causing this. The condenser fan never has a chance to turn on because the temp never goes above 203 at idle. Would there be consequences to me wiring the fan to operate constantly with the ac clutch engaged? Any help would be appreciated. I am clueless to how that valve is purging my Freon,

2007 BMW 335i(My DD), 1990 Z32 2+2 NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.