TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Not to insult you over the job you did with the epoxy, but,
People Seeking Info

Subject Not to insult you over the job you did with the epoxy, but,

Posted by Zuberman on May 10, 2015 at 12:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 217 times.

In Reply To with the pump being new imma assume clutch. posted by LivinTheDream on May 09, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Message IMO, it would be difficult to maintain the same balance as from the factory after applying epoxy, especially if the fan is sensitive to weight change, and if the balance throughout the spin of the fan is off even by just a little bit, I would think that there could be an accumulative wear effect somewhere in the assembly over time.
I think the epoxy fix is creative but perhaps a bit over-ambitious versus the manufacturing machinery that created the fan. If you are very confident of your repair to the fan with the epoxy, then I withdraw my contention :)
Also, considering the new parts, I would re-inspect the attachment points of the fan-clutch versus the water-pump hub, the fasteners, and even the alignment of the alternator versus the water-pump and crank pullies.
Another thought, what if one of fan-clutch to water-pump bolts is too tight? It could cause behavior similar to that of one of the lug nuts being too tight and warping the brake rotor. An odd analogy but just trying to explain :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.