TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just as you suspected... I checked a brand new valve
People Seeking Info

Subject Just as you suspected... I checked a brand new valve

Posted by ZXoltan on May 09, 2015 at 8:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 294 times.

In Reply To Thanks for the offer! posted by TyTyIsFly27 on May 09, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Message Air goes freely through from the bottom to the top (end in the oil passage to the deck surface, but the check ball prevents it from going from the end that sits on the deck surface into the oil passage-- this is how it functions as an anti-drainback valve.

So my friend, you do indeed have an issue either with the valve itself, or with the passage underneath.

Do you have the engine out of the car or still in the car? You're going to have a time cleaning those passages out with the engine in-situ. DRilling out that valve is also going to be cleaner if you have the engine out and turned as far down as you can so that gravity does not pull shavings down into the oil passage. You should also mask off the surrounding area very well, and spread grease all around the area you will be drilling, so it catches most of the shavings.

Your best bet would be to tear it down totally and have it tanked after removing all of the jets. That may be more time-consuming or may actually be a time-saver in the long run. Good luck!

photo Zoltan_zpsnpq3fdtv.jpg

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.