TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - In my 92 1 of the injectors died in 2010 at about 70K >>
People Seeking Info

Subject In my 92 1 of the injectors died in 2010 at about 70K >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on May 07, 2015 at 4:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 253 times.

In Reply To Injector died with 53,000 miles posted by frank1991(running again) on May 06, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Message Suspect E gas. Replaced with new style OEM stock pintleless injectors, did all 6 with 300 degree fuel rail and SS braided fuel line AN fittings and upgraded connectors. Did not do the 12v kill when engine off. Still running great no issues with E10 but I add stable each tank full because I don't drive it much, like 800 miles/year.

When replacing the connectors note if there is green corrosion on the wires, mine had it on all 6. Kept cutting back till clean wire. IMO this had something to do with the failure since resistance increased in circuit that affected the current to injector?

Suggest you do a pressure test of all 6 on the fuel rail off the engine in a water bucket to check for leaks at the tips and seals. I used 50 psi air pressure found 1 leaking at tip and got a replacement under warranty. Such a test should hold steady pressure with no needle drop for a time period. On the car be careful with the seal of the isolators to the lower manifold.

On car check all connections for no fuel leaks.

ZUL8TR in Orlando,FL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.