TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Reversed the top left bolt so the nut was inside the engine bay.
People Seeking Info

Subject Reversed the top left bolt so the nut was inside the engine bay.

Posted by jzack on May 06, 2015 at 8:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 243 times.

In Reply To Please advise- 300 Degree Camber Kit Install >> posted by stockplayerz(nyc) on May 06, 2015 at 01:41 PM

Message Used a washer and lock washer too. Bolt tip sits about 1/4 of an inch from the BMC.

As I recall I ordered a slightly shorter bolt from bolt.com and with a washer on the bolt head side (as a spacer) all fit nicely without hitting the BMC. Had to reverse that bolt, it would not insert from the engine bay side due to BMC clearance. Did this years ago and have never had an issue. I did it this way because I was worried about messing up the brake lines and didn't feel like removing the BMC, re-bleeding, etc.

For the top right side bolt, with the BMC unfastened I could move it enough to insert that bolt in the same direction as the bottom two. There are still some scratch marks on the BMC so it took a little maneuvering.

Ps - When ordering a new bolt be sure to get the high strength type...don't just use anything handy that fits.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.