TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I fixed it!
People Seeking Info

Subject I fixed it!

Posted by Placuch on April 29, 2015 at 7:30 AM
  This message has been viewed 565 times.

In Reply To Crank, no start after injector upgrade. Help! Desperate! posted by Placuch on April 26, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Message For the sake of future searches, I uploaded the bin file from specialtyz to my nistune ecu. I tried cranking but he car didn't start. Every other time I cranked it I got code 21, which is an igniotion system code. I previously had checked for spark using timing light and the wire loop next to ptu that signals culyl #1 and I had the signal. So that fact and the fact code appeared every other time made me think of was a bad connection issue, most likely ground. I did check for power andground at the coil pack connectors and I swapped the ignition coil relay, but all checked out good. I know my cas was working correctly because to check the injectors I removed it and spun it by hand which made the injectors click. There was nothing in tge ignition system to go after but the ptu. Plenum ground was good. I read up on code 21 and found out wchich wire is ground on my new style ptu I put in probably 2 years ago. I checked the ground from the ptu connector to the plenum ground ansld I got 150 ohms! I looked at the next connector that connected the new style ptu with new style plugs to the old style ptu harness plug. The plug wasn't seated correctly, the side of the connector where the ground wire was was not plugged all the way. I seated the plug all the way, checked for ground again and I got 0.3 ohms thistime. I turned the key and wrooooommmmmm! :)
Thanks for help everyone!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.