TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Have you finished your engine yet?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Have you finished your engine yet?

Posted by Pearl_TTZ on April 27, 2015 at 3:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 290 times.

In Reply To Have you finished your engine yet? posted by flashstar on April 27, 2015 at 01:25 AM

Message I know what everyone is saying, "replace the lifters". I like making my own educated decisions based on facts. I have done a ton of reading on this matter in the past two days. Lifters are NOT a maintenance item. They are an assembly that is designed to last the life of a car. The problem with 300zx and its lifters lies in the fact that people who own these cars really neglect them. They skip out on proper maintenance and go way over the interval on oil changes. I contacted a couple of older guys who have owned their Zs for 20+ years and who I know take excellent care kf their cars. Neither one of them ever had lifter problems. One has JWT cams installed. My car was pampered its whole life and internals looked new when I took the motor apart. Cam lobes, lifters, and crank journals looked untouched. I am going to keep my stock lifters because I am confident that with good maintenance and correct oil, there will not be any problems.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.