TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Notch on the Chip to the Center of the Board
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Notch on the Chip to the Center of the Board

Posted by Placuch on April 26, 2015 at 9:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 363 times.

In Reply To Notch on the Chip to the Center of the Board posted by Cjw3 on April 26, 2015 at 05:29 PM

Message Cjw3, your suspicions turned out correct. I had the chip installed with the notch facing the outside of the board... :/ I pulled it out and inserted back the correct way, tried starting and still no luck. Again I tried pulling the flash codes and no go. While the chip was installed backwards I did try starting the car a lot of times so I could have damaged the chip per what you said. When it happened to you did replacing the chip fix it or was the ecu damaged as well and you had to replace it? I do have a nistune ecu at home as well but I don'f feel comfortable enough messing with it yet. If it comes to worst, for the sake of confirming a bad ecu I could download some maps from the nistune website that would work for with new injectors and at least try starting the car. But if in your case replacing just the chip fixed the problem I would rather try that first.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.