TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - '96NA Engine on a '93NA ECU, Off Idle Stumble
People Seeking Info

Subject '96NA Engine on a '93NA ECU, Off Idle Stumble

Posted by Cjw3 on April 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

Message In my attempts to get all my rolling stock moving under it's own power, the '90 2 seater NA ended up getting a '96NA drive line ( Engine and Trans ) with '90 TT Intake cams and Actuators and VTC Sols stuffed into it to get VTC on the Motor..

The '96 Engine has a Steel Lightweight Flywheel, as does my '92 NA..

All 3 of my NA's are running the same Prom Code (Z1 Ca 91 Oct ) on an 8Bit ECU

All three of the NA's are running late model Injectors

Only the '96 Engine has this 'Off Idle Stumble' while feathering the Throttle for clutch engagement.. Complete with Black Smoke 'Puff' visible to the person standing behind the car.. If the throttle is not 'Blipped' a lot, and the engine is allowed to rev past 1200 during clutch engagement, the stumble is gone..

The '96's TPS is different than all other years.. and the Plugs for it are different also.. I was thinking that the 'Gain' of the '96 TPS might be different than 'Normal' nissans, so I checked it out by placing 4 'Steps' of 0.025 thou shims under the T-Body stop anvil and checking the Voltage conveyed by the ECU.. Here are my results..

Step....'96.......'95

Step Zero is throttle closed.. Step one is Open by 0.025.. Step 2 is Open by 0.050.. Step 3 is Open by 0.075. Step 4 is open by 0.100

My take on this is the TPS's are the same.. so that is not my issue..

Now what could it be??..

The Engine Water temp is being displayed by the PC on ECU talk, and also by the Auto Air Conditioning System while in Diag Mode.. to I'm fairly certain the Water Temp is working..

I do not know if the Fuel Injectors are different in the '96 from the rest of the Z's.. I was in there but did not look..

Anybody know?.. Anybody have a clue as to what is going on?..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.