TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New engine lifter noise
People Seeking Info

Subject New engine lifter noise

Posted by TyTyIsFly27 on April 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM
  This message has been viewed 329 times.

Message Hey everyone. I just finished installing my brand new built long block with JWT R5 cams, and stock hydraulic lifters. However, I have some REALLY loud lifter noise coming from the passenger side intake cam (from what I can tell). Possibly the exhaust cam as well. Oil level and pressure are both good.

My question is, how long does it usually take for the oil to circulate through the system and properly lubricate the lifters? Should I give it some time? Or would it be okay to use any sort of product to hurry the process along, on a brand new engine? I have used the flush before, with good results, but obviously not on a new engine.

The lifters were used from one of my other engines that I have, but never had any tick or noise when that engine was running. Unfortunately these were the only parts I chose to reuse. Since a new set is over $700, I saw no issues using a set that I knew were in good condition.
i was planning to tear it apart this weekend and put another set of lifters in, but I'd really like to avoid that if I can.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had this happen?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.