TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need a good Z shop Pacific Northwest/Rocky Mountains
People Seeking Info

Subject Need a good Z shop Pacific Northwest/Rocky Mountains

Posted by madkiwi on April 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 262 times.

Message I need a recommendation for an excellent Z32 shop (or any performance turbo shop I suppose) within a day's drive of Missoula, MT. That can include Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, Portland, Boise, Salt Lake City and obviously places like Spokane and Tri-cities (Richland, Kennewick and Pasco).

Specifically I am looking for a shop either with a dyno or access to one for diagnosing knock symptoms at WOT. I am not 100% sure my 1993 TT is actually experiencing knock, I could just have a faulty sensor (no codes), but I don't feel like tearing down the top end of the engine to replace it without being sure. For the same reason, I do not want to just bypass it if I actually am getting occasional detonation.

My plan would be make an appointment, drive there the day before (car runs just fine) and stay in a motel for 1-2 nights. Perhaps the diagnosis will be finished in a couple hours, in which case I would be back on my way to Missoula that day.

If it turns out to be a faulty sensor, I am not going to have it replaced there (it would involve waiting for parts) but my mechanic here could do it when I get back (and install a set of new-style injectors while he has the top end apart).

Thank you for any ideas.

Mark
(cross-posted everywhere)

Follow Ups
  • Need a good Z shop Pacific Northwest/Rocky Mountains - madkiwi 11:26:45 04/15/15

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.