TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - popping sounds from exhaust and hesitation under high RPM
People Seeking Info

Subject popping sounds from exhaust and hesitation under high RPM

Posted by slcZ32 on April 08, 2015 at 11:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 264 times.

Message Hello, I have a 2+2 NA z32. Car ran awesome, strong with no issues. About 3 weeks ago i noticed, that my car was having a very small misfire under low RPM coming off 1st gear to 2nd, the misfire started to increase. So i did some troubleshooting, and pinpointed cylinder 3.

Did some testing and found out that the injector was busted, so i replaced the injector using the dremel method, a friend of mine had an used injector that tested good about 12 Ohms. Put the injector on along with new sparkplugs NGK platinum from Autozone gaped at 0.44.

I immediately felt the engine running much smoother, however a day after that the car started to sound like a Subaru, went back to it and did some more troubleshooting. this time injector 2 (23 ohms), i replaced it, took the car for a drive, it felt good but misfired, then found out injector 5(21 ohms), so i replaced it as well.

the injectors used were used injectors from a much lower mileage car, i made sure to test them and they tested good. So i took the car out for a test drive, being all excited about this, The car felt super strong, engine was more responsive :) I was like yeaaaahhhh!! however... when under high RPM, lets say 5500 to 6500, 7ish. I get this pop pop popppp and engine hesitation with it ( the car has never ever done this before) never had popping sounds from the exhaust, I have tested the other 3 injectors that have not been replaced, they are within range, 2 are in the mid 12 ohm range and one is around 13.3.

background on the car:

-new fuel filter (couple days old)
-newish fuel pump, (about 10 months old)
-wiring harness is new with no corrosion (less than 8k miles) no previous issues with it.
-engine has been rebuilt to OEM stuff, it has around 35k to 40k miles.
-did the starting fluid check for vaccum leaks and none found.

So, im lost...has anyone experienced this? what could my problem be? how can i get this fixed? is it safe to drive the car like this? thank you for your help guys.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.