TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - For what it's worth: I was having the same issues
People Seeking Info

Subject For what it's worth: I was having the same issues

Posted by ZTicket(Dallas) on April 08, 2015 at 5:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

In Reply To Dies After Revving (I've tried everything!) posted by Dragginz on April 07, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Message with a "more stock" set up than you have. Bought a new IACV, no change in symptoms, i.e. when letting off after an extended hwy cruise or sitting at a stop light blipping the throttle car idle goes down to zero, almost dies, sometimes does. Also when activating the A/C, no idle increase compensation, car almost dies, sometimes does. Smart money would say the IACV or the fast idle control part of the IACV wasn't doing it's job. The relays on the IACV were working when tested. BUT, those relays get their power from a connection at the fuse box and when I checked there, I found that I had packed way too much dialectic grease in the connector that involved the IACV when I installed the new engine bay harness. Blew all of the excess out and VOILA ! IACV works. Fast idle compensation works. Car revs, doesn't almost die. That was my problem. Check your wiring between the IACV and the fuse box.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.