TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dies After Revving (I've tried everything!)
People Seeking Info

Subject Dies After Revving (I've tried everything!)

Posted by Dragginz on April 07, 2015 at 11:16 AM
  This message has been viewed 423 times.

Message Hey folks, hoping somebody with a bit more knowledge can help me out here. I've had an issue for about a year now where any time I blip the throttle or roll to a stoplight, the engine either bogs waaay down and eventually recovers or outright dies. Starts right back up, no issue there. I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY - I've tried everything.

Boost leak test: I had one small vacuum leak - fixing it actually made the dying issue worse, so I'm guessing I'm not getting enough air somehow.

Brand spankin' new IACV: Made the issue a LITTLE better, but still horrible.

New fuel pump + Aeromotive FPR (fuel computer died): Idles at about 13-14 AFR, fuel pressure is at 40psi when not referenced to vacuum. AFRs tend to go rich when the car bogs down, further leading me to believe that not enough air is being sucked in somehow.

MAFs: Both output about 1.0-1.4 volts (I have an Apexi translator), acceptable as per the FSM. Hot-wires are nice and clean on both.

Coolant temp sensor: Read about 500ohms with the engine beginning to cool down - seemed within acceptable range, but I may try replacing this next.

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm pretty much all out of options, short of throwing in the towel and taking the car to a mechanic, which feels too much like giving up for my taste.

Thanks in advance!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.