TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Does the car go over 3k rpm?? But I had similar issues:
People Seeking Info

Subject Does the car go over 3k rpm?? But I had similar issues:

Posted by LivinTheDream on April 02, 2015 at 9:28 AM
  This message has been viewed 195 times.

In Reply To Starter problem - take 2 posted by BannonZ on April 01, 2015 at 07:23 AM

Message If not it would be your MAF or a serious leak in the intake piping. Sounds like an issue I had just a while back though. I sent my injectors to be cleaned by Bernie (old style stock tt injectors) When the car would sit, overnight in some cases or a few days it would be really hard to start and idle terrible for the first few minutes. My boost gauge would show less vacuum than usual during the rough idle period. I positive it was my injectors dripping fuel while the car sat. This combined with leaky valve seals I feel caused the issue. The seals were not changed but changing my injectors did the trick. Bernie had installed the injectors in the rail for me so I trust him not to pinch a seal. My FPR and dampener was new also. And I had proper fuel pressure. I went through all the test of coolant temp sensor etc.

I would say to check fuel pressure to make sure you dont have leaky orings in the rail and that the pressure regulator (FPR) and dampener are in order. If so Id let the car sit for a day or how ever long it takes to act up (if the issue is consistent to occur everytime you let the car sit for an hour then let it sit for an hour). And then disconnect coil packs or PTU to kill the spark and unplug the fuel pump controller (or just disable the fuel pump however you want) and also unplug the injectors. You want to be sure there is no spark or no fuel being intentionally distributed. Then roll the engine over (turn the key ...crank it) a few times, 5 or so. The pull the plugs and check them to see if they are wet and or smell of fuel. Look inside the chamber through the spark plug hole and see if it looks all wet. If yes then there was fuel leaking in while the car sat.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.