TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Starter problem - take 2
People Seeking Info

Subject Starter problem - take 2

Posted by BannonZ on April 01, 2015 at 7:23 AM
  This message has been viewed 236 times.

Message I posted a brief for help post last night, and I think my explanation was a bit too brief - Im hoping you guys can help.

I have had this problem since mid winter: When the vehicle is cold - hasnt been started in an hour or more the vehicle struggles to turn over. It will crank 10-15 times before the engine finally catches a light spark. I hold my foot on the gas to catch the engine and give it some extra air when it does get that light spark. Engine runs rough for the first 5 minutes and then smooths out. Oil pressure good, the car drives smooth and boosts great.

I have had some serious fuel clouds after starting on more than one occasion, but I do not smell heavy fuel before starting the vehicle. It seems to me that the car is getting plenty of fuel and when it finally turns over its spitting out the excess.

I just changed my plugs on Saturday to new double plats, the clutch is brand new. I did have a cranking noise (like turning the key when the car is already running) more than a few times this winter. I had a clutch issue that has since been resolved. The injectors are about 3 years old, old style Nismo 555cc's. I did a bg 44k fuel additive before the winter. All new gas.

Please help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.