TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 300zx help!
People Seeking Info

Subject 300zx help!

Posted by Irishguy73 on March 29, 2015 at 1:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 314 times.

Message I just bought a 1991 2+2 with 37,000 original miles. All belts, hoses, 1 new injector, and spark plugs changes at 36,500. I have but about 4 thousand miles on the car since I have owned it in 6 months. Last night I drove it about 30 miles and the low gas light came on. So I figured I would b-line to the nearest gas station. While driving about another 2 miles the car kinda like slowed and sped up for about a second. I figure, Maybe due to age that the car was about to run out of gas. I filled the car up with Shell Premium and started driving again. I probably drove another 10 miles and the car did the same thing but didn't want to go. I immediately pulled over cause I thought maybe a belt had popped or my water pump had broke. I had to be towed home. The car turns over but will not run. I still have a radiator full of water so it was not my waterpump and all the belts are intact. I am really stumped as to what this could be and we do not have any Z shops around me. Can anyone give me a start? I would be happy to talk on phone if anyone thinks they can give me any insight where to begin? Thanks Chris

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.