TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just use a cold chisel and heat. Heat the thing up and wack
People Seeking Info

Subject Just use a cold chisel and heat. Heat the thing up and wack

Posted by LivinTheDream on March 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

In Reply To FUCA Bushing removal how-to posted by BlackholeZ on March 23, 2015 at 03:44 PM

Message Once you heat the tube/outer sleeve up, use the cold chisel and hammer and hit the metal lip of the bushing (from behind it of course) and it will come on out. Use a good bit of heat. The whiteline bushings are really hard to get in. I used a press and they would go so far and stop. Two of them stopped about 1/16 of an inch from properly seating as the instructions say they should. This caused the arm to be too wide and I had to shave that 1/16-1/8 of rubber off in order for it to fit. The metal sleeve was recessed so I know i was to far out. I tried widening the vertical arm as well but that didnt work so shaving was a must.

Also pay attention to the orientation of the bushings. If I recall correctly the inside of the arm (closest to wheel well) and the side that faces the rear is unique from all the others. So the inside bushing that faces the rear on both sides has to be a certain one.

I recommend sanding all of the paint from the inside of the arm once you get the original bushings out to give a bit of room and then heating the arm hot red and then pressing in the bushing. Thing is once you are on the second bushing u have to try and not melt the first while pressing the second in with heat. But if you sand the inside well enough you may need no heat.

Good luck.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.