TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Timing Belt Change...What Upgrades/Maintenance Same Time
People Seeking Info

Subject Timing Belt Change...What Upgrades/Maintenance Same Time

Posted by hcaulfield57 on March 12, 2015 at 10:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 232 times.

Message Hello all! My Z is nearly going to reach 104k on the odometer, and I've decided to do the 120k timing belt change in a week or two. I know it's probably early, but I have the feeling the previous owners let it sit for a long time. Everything rubber seems to be rotting/crumbling and I'd prefer for peace of mind to get this done before it's too late. I was planning on getting the SZ 120k kit and have a shop install it that has done a lot of work on my Z. It's not the type of task that I would feel comfortable doing on my own, too many things to mess up.

Are there any upgrades / maintenance that people would suggest be done at the same time? I know some people will suggest underdrive pulley, but I think that I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. I'm thinking about upgrading cams, (not sure if that makes sense at this time), but if I can't pass emissions (Colorado), it's definitely going to be something I'll pass on. Is there any preventative maintenance that someone could suggest? Love this car, want it to last.

Thanks!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.