TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A stock TT will produce less than 270 rwhp w/ Losses
People Seeking Info

Subject A stock TT will produce less than 270 rwhp w/ Losses

Posted by flashstar on March 12, 2015 at 12:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 177 times.

In Reply To NA injectors are 270cc. That is enough fuel to support posted by SirpriZ on March 11, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Message Most go by bhp for injector size calculations.

I'm not sure that TT injectors are way overkill for a NA with good airflow modifications! Of course without a dyno, it's hard to guess. There are multiple injector size calculators on the internet and most are based upon hp at the crank. I don't know if this number is with or without the accessories though. I believe I'm right on the edge for NA injectors.

[ http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx ]

The stock injectors flow at 270cc/min max. A base 222hp NA 300zx would need 245 cc injectors to stay safe according to the above calculator.

Let me estimate some of the benefits of my upgrades:

-5 hp from aftermarket "pop charger"
-15 hp from full exhaust
-5 hp from adjustable cam gears
-15 hp from camshafts
-5 hp from porting and polishing plenums

I'm probably producing at least 265 hp at the crank. Assuming that the lightweight accessories don't draw extra fuel, the RC calculator claims I need 295 cc injectors @ a safe 80% duty cycle.

With a duty cycle of 90%, I am barely within range. Since I am running a richer tune, I'm sure that injector requirements are greater still. Factoring in the benefits of my lightweight and power-saving accessories, my engine probably produces around 280 hp at the crank.

Most everyone assumes that a NA can never exceed the fuel delivery of NA injectors.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.