TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Total Noob Reinstalling Catalytic Converters
People Seeking Info

Subject Total Noob Reinstalling Catalytic Converters

Posted by titotonto on March 02, 2015 at 2:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 187 times.

Message Hey guys, I purchased 2+2 TT converted car with what seems to be a full Greddy exhaust. The previous owner also provided the pipes with the cats. I have to go through emissions. It looks like I can pull the section of the Greddy exhaust off and reinstall the section with the cats. Being a total noob, I would appreciate your feedback. I looked through threads and pictures on this subject, here's what I'm planning to do, correct me if I'm wrong:

Lift the front of the car
Pull the aftermarket exhaust section off
This section has a wideband O2, I plan to tie it off to the side away from extreme heat since the stock pipes are not plumbed for this O2. I assume that this wideband is not wired to the ECU.
Install the stock pipes and go to emissions.

I don't plan on buying any new gaskets for emissions. I assume the bolts are hard to get to but being an Arizona car, perhaps there isn't as much rust as some had dealt with in the past.

I appreciate any tips on this....I've already read some of the other emissions tips so this is just to pass the visual inspection of the cats.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.