TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Strange noise, help! (Video)
People Seeking Info

Subject Strange noise, help! (Video)

Posted by Zzz... on February 28, 2015 at 7:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 299 times.

Message I've done a lot of researching and haven't quite found a case with the same noise I'm having. That research has led me [back] to this site and I have done some troubleshooting and work to no avail which is frustrating.

I have a 94 n/a that has a noise coming from the oil pump area (can hear it with stethoscope underneath the car). It only makes the noise when the car is cold. I read that the oil pumps on the Z's "hardly ever fail." I found another noise thread where it was suggested the oil pump could be cavitating caused by a leak at the top end of the pickup tube. I replaced the o-ring at the top end of the strainer, but did not replace the strainer because it was not available (from Courtesy, anyway). I took special care when installing the tube to be sure the ring sat in it's little groove. I got it all back together, and it still had the noise; day wasted. Can anybody help a frustrated Z guy out?

Check my video for a sample of the noise: [ http://youtu.be/adcEFS0mykc ]

By the way, I just bought a 120k kit; no chance this noise is an idealer pulley or something else that the kit would address?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.