TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - i really dont think it was the tranny. (well i am hoping)
People Seeking Info

Subject i really dont think it was the tranny. (well i am hoping)

Posted by genic on February 21, 2015 at 3:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 177 times.

In Reply To Do you suspect the Xmission is bad? posted by SammybTT(TN) on February 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Message like i said...it went like this.
(all after my accident which might have smacked something loose)

if i pushed in the clutch ... i could not get it to go into any forward gear, but could force it rather hard in 1st to get the car to go forward while slipping the clutch, however, i could push in the clutch and get it to go into reverse just fine.

it is almost as if i was stuck in reverse gear

so this is why its leading me to believe its something to do with the throwout bearing and/or the connection spring clip to the clutch fork.

the clutch and flywheel look fine...just some hot spots (both of which will be replaced anywise)

i never had a problem with the tranny from gear to gear prior to the accident (i was cut off and swiped a k-rail) ...3rd to 4th never had a grind even if i were to shift fast...

i am just trying to rule everything out. ...and the more and more i think about it..the problem seems to be somewhere between the clutch fork and the actual clutch. ... but i have all new stuff to replace that with. shall see.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.