TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 300zx stuttering and loss of power
People Seeking Info

Subject 300zx stuttering and loss of power

Posted by sbalser on February 07, 2015 at 12:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 371 times.

Message i have a 1990 300zx na 2+2. i have been having problems with that have gotten worse. in the last 8 months the same thing has happened with probably 4 times. i leave to drive into town and i pull down the driveway and then get on the gas to accelerate and the car stutters and jerks and has no power. so little that i cant get it above 15mph. the check engine comes on but only under load and then goes away if i put the clutch in to let it idle. if i continue to drive for a mile or pull over and let it idle then everything seems fine and it drives like normal until the next time it happens randomly. last night and this morning it happend both times and i have never had it happen so close together. and now it is in the driveway and i have been playing with it and it starts fine. if i hold it at 4000rpm or higher for a few second then the light comes on but as soon as i get back down to 2500 it turns off. and sometimes when i let it idle it hickups.

i cant check the code because the light does not stay on.

i have replaced the fuel filter twice in the last 6 months with the most resent being a month ago when i replaced the fuel pump with a used one.

i replaced the alternator, battery and alternator belt 2 months ago.

i am wonder what it could be i dont even know where to start. what systems should i be looking into. Fuel? electrical? air? because there is no constant light to get a code and i get an all is good 55 when i put it into diagnostic mode, i am not sure how to figure it out other than throwing parts at it but even then what parts?

the irregularity of the problem is also not helpful as it does not happen consistantly. each time has not been anything relating to going to the same gas station, weather temp or humidity.

any help or advice or anything would help me out greatly. i love my car and i want to fix it so that i can continue to enjoy it. please reply with any ideas thank you!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.