TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What was done B4 placing in storage? How long in storage?>>
People Seeking Info

Subject What was done B4 placing in storage? How long in storage?>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on February 01, 2015 at 6:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 197 times.

In Reply To Fixin to pre-lube cylinders...any tips for non-mechanics? posted by Gromit on January 31, 2015 at 08:50 PM

Message First what was done to the fuel in the tank for storage? Was stable added, was tank drained? Biggest issues occur with BAD GAS so DO NOT start engine unless you know the condition of the fuel. Pull an sample and smell it, if bad get it out of there and replace enough to get you going.

Unless you have an external pre-lube pump to pressurize the lube system I would skip the oil in the cylinders step since rotating the sleeping engine to distribute that oil will be worse than starting it and getting the oil pressure to the bearings ASAP. Biggest problem with the Z is they rev too high at start up especially when outside temps are low. Once started and to operating temp drain the oil and replace it + filter. Depending on how long the storage was and the last time it was done would determine if: tranny, rear end fluid, coolant, brake and clutch fluid needed to be changed.

As for checking the injectors B4 start 'your call' I would just get it going and if there are injector issues, fluid leaks and vacuum leaks then search them out and fix. Look carefully at injector fuel lines at the connectors so remove the vanity panel B4 start to observe them.

Get it on the road and check for issues that arise. At first don't drive to far from home just in case?

I don't get some of the points in that list? Ex. draining AF and fill with 100% coolant then out of storage drain and fill with 50% crazy extra work and expense there?

ZUL8TR in Orlando,FL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.