TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: 1991 300zxTT
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: 1991 300zxTT

Posted by Goldchocobo on January 29, 2015 at 2:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 188 times.

In Reply To 1991 300zxTT posted by LiamWynn on January 28, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Message You are using coolant in your rad, not water, correct? If you are actually leaking something from the cooling system, it would appear as coolant, not water...

If it's just water, I'd wager it's your AC condensation drain. There's a little tube that drains it out. Of course, the best thing to do is get under the car and check it visually.

Is your shifter aftermarket, or OEM? When I installed my short throw shifter, it did the EXACT same thing. The linkage for some reason loved to rattle under heavy throttle in 2nd and 3rd. I took it apart, tightened everything, replaced a bushing, and it still rattled. I learned to live with it.

Regarding your hiccup in acceleration issue... Hesitation is a classic issue on these cars. Use the search bar and find the "piss poor performance" post, and go through the list. Good luck.

How's the weather where you are? In Vancouver, BC, I get buckets of steam out my tailpipes due to the condensation and weather. Does the amount of smoke disappear after running the car for a bit?

Hopefully this helps.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.