TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1991 300zxTT
People Seeking Info

Subject 1991 300zxTT

Posted by LiamWynn on January 28, 2015 at 10:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 249 times.

Message So I have been running into a few funny problems with my new Z. (Just purchased 4 days ago, already deeply in love, Pearl white 1991 Twin Turbo w/ Pearl interior leather trim).

- When driving in third gear, and I let off the throttle, my shifter seems to move back halfway into neutral, causing a little hiccup in acceleration. When I get back onto the gas pedal it moves back into third. I know these cars can be touchy at partial throttle, but I was wondering if anyone knew about this, as I'm new here.

- There seems to be a shaking/buzzing noise coming from underneath my shifter boot. I haven't looked at it myself yet, but it's getting worse and worse. Feels like maybe my shift rod itself is hitting against the outer wall and causing a buzzing sound.

- Also my car seems to have a water leak, but I can't pinpoint where it's coming from and haven't had the time yet to get under it. Seems to be right in front of the steering column. Any ideas what could be leaking water there?

Sorry for any amount of incompetence, or newbieness, I just bought this car and am still learning the workings of the most complicated and crowded engine compartment I have ever seen. Any help is much appreciated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.