TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - massive oil smoke from exhaust issue
People Seeking Info

Subject massive oil smoke from exhaust issue

Posted by EpiDeMiCc on January 27, 2015 at 11:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 129 times.

Message Hey guys, in need of some serious help. I just fired up a fresh tt swap. Motor feels great, but i get massive blue smoke from the exhaust while reving. Little to none at idle. Before we jump to conclusions to blown turbos, they looked great prior to install, and no shaft play. I believe the problem lies in the ss oil feed kit i ordered from czp. Other than that, i have modified the pcv system, but i believe that is sufficent. Havent checked crankcase pressures yet, but i think its fine. Now, to the ss lines. So basically, they told me to screw the "restrictors" into the turbos on both sides, followed by lines after that. Heres where i think the problem lies, they didnt send me two -4 banjo fittings, but rather one banjo and one bsp to -4an 90 ftting. When i called to ask if i got sent the wrong kit, they told me i got the right kit and to screw the 90 fitting directly onto the line, and straight to the block. This means the only restriction on the passanger side is in the "restrictors" they sent me. The driver side has the banjo fitting on it, with a 5.4mm banjo screwed into it. Again, this means the only restriction is in the "restrictor" screwed into the turbo. The restrictor orifices screwed in both turbos measure about 4.10mm, and are bigger than the orifice on the lines themselves. Pretty sure overfilling due to unrestricted oil feeds is my main issue. I got sent extra restricted banjos with my kit, one stamped "k" and one stamped "b". Pretty sure that these banjos should fix my problem if installed in the block on their appropriate sides. I am COMPLETELY NEW to turbo systems and know only what i have researched from his issue. Can anyone confirm this for me? I've read from garret most thrust bearing turbos don't need restrictors, but im guessing ours do. Any help please?

Follow Ups
  • massive oil smoke from exhaust issue - EpiDeMiCc 23:01:49 01/27/15

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.