TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Advise please! Dr Side Turbo making a noise after Change
People Seeking Info

Subject Advise please! Dr Side Turbo making a noise after Change

Posted by zxnazx(tt) on January 25, 2015 at 10:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 201 times.

Message So here is the story. 94 tt with original 96 k miles, original Turbos. Not sure if this coincidence or a problem that i have caused some how.
I recently found a vacuole leak from underneath the lower plenum gasket, so i ordered new gaskets and replaced the gaskets, while being there bypassed all the water lines under the plenum.
While doing all that i changed the oil to Motul 300V CHRONO 10W40 Synthetic Racing Motor Oil. Prior to that i have always used Castrol full synthetic. A friend recommended to try the Motul so i did.
After all these things i started the car and al was good, warmed it up and started hearing the driver side turbine making a Spinning noise especially when it starts generating boost you can actually hear the spinning of the turbo which generates pressure.
The sound is more evident when the car is cold, when it fully warms up the spool up sound almost goes away.
I have taken down the down pipe to check for exhaust leaks and replaced the gasket while jam at it, but nothing was found.
My experience with faulty turbines are minimal and i don't know if this is a turbo going out and that is the normal sound for it or i may be using a wrong oil?
The car runs great, pulls strong, boost is stable all across. However that sound is irritating me, its almost like hearing one of those Commercial trucks when their turbo on the diesel motor starts spinning.
Kindly give me your thoughts on this.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.