TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It was mentioned in the thread but...
People Seeking Info

Subject It was mentioned in the thread but...

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on January 14, 2015 at 7:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 219 times.

In Reply To ^Im curious why it was never brought up posted by -Grimm- on January 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Message I didn't point that out in my FAQ. Although I should have mentioned it in the OP, IMO the ECU not holding memory isn't that important anyway. Other than fault codes the only other thing the ECU remembers is the self learn and that is achieved very quickly.

If the car doesn't start you can still check the codes by trying to start the car. You have to check them with the key in the ON position anyway.

Another think to point out is that member Stadsport (PHX) had said in his "Ultimate Guide to ECU Diagnostics" FAQ that simply disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will not clear the fault codes. This is false! The ECU will clear the fault codes by doing this but you need to make sure you give not just the ECU but the car enough time to bleed off any electricity which may be feeding back to the ECU allowing it to maintain memory. The ECU does not have any electronics that maintain a memory other than its eprom and the eprom does not accept any programming of any sort other than what it was programmed with outside of the ECU with an eprom programming device.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.