TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - WooHoo (cautiously optimistic)!
People Seeking Info

Subject WooHoo (cautiously optimistic)!

Posted by msb1987 on January 11, 2015 at 6:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 275 times.

In Reply To Update & progress to my issues posted by msb1987 on January 10, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Message So I decided that the rings would be sealed, get sealed, or not and the burning of oil and smoking would continue. I had already added a little oil to each cylinder yesterday. I added a bit more turned it over to help distribute the oil and buttoned it up. Crank it over again with the plugs in spread the oil if it was still there and then finished putting everything back on.

Last thing was the fuel pump fuse and then it started. Wow the smoke but no fuel smell! Idle was what you would expect with the ecu reset and the oil in the cylinders but it was smooth. I let idle until it was warm and then shut it down to check my #2 spark plug to see if it was wet with fuel and to check the plenum for gas. Plug looked absolutely beautiful and there was no gas in the plenum.

With those issue looking ok but it still exhaling smoke, but less as it warmed up I decided that the rings would seal or they wouldn't so I took it out in the neighborhood for a spin.

By the time I got back there was zero smoke. I shut it down again and checked the plug and plenum again and same as before. Power balance test indicates that all cylinders are firing.

I couldn't believe it so I let it sit a bit and then took it to Autozone to return the compression tester. Everything was awesome. Of course I checked the plug and plenum again, still good.

Cautiously optimistic and I will be checking that plug like crazy. Oil change again next weekend. I'm sure I will be doing the injectors soon and a rebuild at some point.

One thing still bugging me...where the hell did that gas in the plenum come from?????????

Thank again for everyone's help. As usual with this car, I have learned a lot in the last weeks. Hopefully the stress level will be low for a while.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.