TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Checked the following and still no luck:
People Seeking Info

Subject Checked the following and still no luck:

Posted by LivinTheDream on December 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 183 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Miss/Back fire at Idle. I think... Video inside posted by Metacom on December 29, 2014 at 01:32 AM

Message Checked all wiring for injectors, coil pack, tps, ptu and acc. I ensured that everything had continuity and all connectors were at their proper locations. Crossed check continuity to check for possible wires touching.
Rechecked and reset tps.
Checked timing again. Dead on at 15 btdc
Checked all coil packs and even swapped out all except the two under the balance tube which ill try tomorrow.
ACC passed ohm test.
Swapped ptu. Have a third which ill clean and try tomorrow.
None of this helped though. And all wiring checked out. The ground from the ptu thats shared with the coil packs and goes to the 3 pins on the ecu did also have continuity with other ecu leads that go to various sensors attached to the engine (acc, O2, vtc). But I assume this is normal and figure the leads to these sensors are grounding through the sensor body.

The idle sounds fine until the car reaches operating temps of about 160-180 and then the popping starts. The warmer it gets the more consistent it is. Almost makes me think it doesn't happen until the timing settles at 15degress. Any ideas?

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.