TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Miss/Back fire at Idle. I think... Video inside
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Miss/Back fire at Idle. I think... Video inside

Posted by Goldchocobo on December 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 214 times.

In Reply To Miss/Back fire at Idle. I think... Video inside posted by LivinTheDream on December 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Message Hah, your Z looks just like mine right now. Stripped interior, shoddy paint, but with an immaculate and beautiful engine bay.

That's a really difficult problem to hone in on. Mainly because it's minor, and a multitude of tiny things could cause it.

Some stuff you probably already know: ohm the coil packs if you suspect them. Takes you 5 minutes to do all of them. ttp://z32.wikispaces.com/Coilpack

After that: spark/fuel/air.

Some anecdote for you, may or may not be helpful:

My TT did that when my TPS was improperly set. I also noticed a difference in idle behavior when I shifted my CAS around.

It also had difficulties idling with an old S1 PTU, which technically worked, but sent a weak signal through several channels. Those said channels didn't send enough spark to the coils packs, and didn't burn off the gas properly, causing a host of other minor problems associated with running rich.

My NA did that when I had a dead sparkplug. Interestingly enough, the sparkplug looked perfectly fine on a visual inspection.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.