TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stock Wiring Behind Steering Wheel Help
People Seeking Info

Subject Stock Wiring Behind Steering Wheel Help

Posted by Khronik on December 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 176 times.

Message I just installed an HKS turbo timer due to me blowing a circuit about a year ago in the Blitz turbo timer I got with the car.
I need help finding a diagram & pictures to get rid of unnecessary/unwanted wiring that one or both of the previous owners had spliced into the harness.

INSTALLED HKS TIMER TODAY:
Upon installation I found out my Blitz turbo timer that I got with the car, apparently was a dual Blitz setup, but the boost controller was cut out of the harness. The dual Blitz wiring was spliced into the main harness.

Also found an Alpine security system unit way up in the dash that was spliced into the harness and the Blitz splicing mess. It clearly doesnt work cuz the only alarm ive heard from this car is from the stock activations(aka only goes off if its locked and the hood is popped or the doors are opened from the inside. Either that or some of the 3-4 fuses in the wiring are all blown.

There is also a little metal switch that was sitting in the stereo din pocket area when I got the car but I threw it behind the stereo when I got the car and ran new speaker wire thruout the car(possibly a killswitch?) It is also spliced into the rats nest of wiring.

Last but not least, there are two wires spliced into that shit-mess-of-wires that go to a single little red light that is directly center, above the center console. Im guessing its either a shifting or knock/ping indicator, but ive never seen it light up.

=================================
1991 NA 2+2 - Pearl White - Auto (RIP)
1996 NA - Arctic White - 5Speed (SOLD)
1990 TT - Aztec Red - 5Speed (DD)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.