TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: 1990 300zx will not start under normal conditions
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: 1990 300zx will not start under normal conditions

Posted by Goldchocobo on December 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 192 times.

In Reply To Re: 1990 300zx will not start under normal conditions posted by Duke51 on December 23, 2014 at 03:04 PM

Message Does the "eeeerrr" sound come from the transmission? Try opening the throttle and listen if the sound changes. If it does, it's your LPR solenoid - many auto Z's do this. Mine does this as well. I'm told it's of no worry or consequence.

Actually, I'm really interested to find a solution to your problem. My own TT is currently having the same or similar issue. She cranks, and tries to start, but dies. Last time I had her running, she was idling (perfectly may I add) and then she just suddenly dropped to 450rpm, then died. Haven't been able to start her since. After she died, my "eerrrrr" sound started whenever ignition was in "on" position (all lights on dash).

Since then, I've checked everything from spark to air leaks, and replaced the PTU with a fresh S2. No fuel smell. Checking fuel pressure today, but I somehow doubt it's the issue. Can't figure it out!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.