TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1990 300zx will not start under normal conditions
People Seeking Info

Subject 1990 300zx will not start under normal conditions

Posted by Duke51 on December 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
  This message has been viewed 245 times.

Message I know there are many posts about these Z's not starting, but as far as I can figure and after countless hours working on this car and testing and retesting none seem to be right. So here is my issue, when I put the key in the ignition and turn it all dash lights come on, then when I go to start it dash lights stay on, but the security light flashes, also note that I hear a clicking one in the engine fuse box and one behind the driver side kick panel fuse box. I have checked starter relay and its good. Here is where it gets a little weird, if I disconnect the inhibitor switch and ground the side coming from the engine bay it starts up first try with no issues. I have tested the inhibitor switch and have a circuit in park and neutral. Thinking I must have a bad ground I checked for ground and have that too. Right now the car is pulled apart, headlights are out, most of the interior is pulled besides instruments that plug in, is it possible I'm missing something simple that is causing this issue?
Any and all ideas are welcome, if you need more specifics I am more than happy to give them to you.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.