TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Fluid settled atop intake valves???
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Fluid settled atop intake valves???

Posted by Goldchocobo on December 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 217 times.

In Reply To Fluid settled atop intake valves??? posted by LivinTheDream on December 21, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Message I had gasoline settling on my intake valves before I did my injectors. All of my injectors ohmed way out of spec, and one injector was completely dead. So much gas had settled on top of my intake valves that it eventually leaked past the valves/cylinder walls, and into my oil tank. For awhile, my Z blew smoke - typical of bad turbos, running rich, turbo seals, bad rings, etc. Turns out, the gasoline had thinned out my oil, and caused it to be much more flammable. I did a couple of oil changes to fully flush the old contaminated oil out, and the smoke blowing disappeared after about 10 minutes of running.

That being said, it sounds like coolant sitting on top of your valves. Would that be caused from a head gasket leak? I don't know.

Here are some suggestions:

Check your rad fluid - see if there's oil floating around in there. If there is, you likely have a head gasket leak.

Check your dipstick - smell if there's a fresh gasoline smell (as I had with mine). Check as well for coolant in your oil (again, head gasket). It might be worth your time to drain your oil and inspect it then.

Was the car blowing smoke before? If you're leaking coolant into the engine, the car will burn it up and blow white, sweetish smelling smoke.

This all aside, your first order of business is doing your injectors, and firing her up. The problem may be rectified with just replacing the injectors - as was mine.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.