TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Car not charging
People Seeking Info

Subject Car not charging

Posted by Fugly60 on December 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  This message has been viewed 308 times.

Message Hello all, I have a 91 na 300zx that has been a pain in my ass since the day I got it. I drove it over 50 mins home and then the next day it would not start so I check the battery first and it's fine so next logical step is a draw in the battery so I test it and no draw. Then the alternator so I remove the alternator which I'm sure you know is not the most fun thing to do. I bought it with a aftermarket one so I assumed that was the issue but I had a oem 91 so I put that on still nothing. Take them both to the local alternator rebuilding place and they tell me both at perfect. Next step was guessing it was one of the 3 wires going to the alternator so I checked all them and nothing all the wires were fine. After a while of doing this I decided let's just hot wire it and see if it works. I ran the power post directly to the battery and the ground to the ground. (I realize this is not the safest thing to do but it would show a problem if there was one) still nothing I take it to my old automotive teacher and he says there is a sensor in the speedometer that could effect it since my speedometer likes to not work all the time. Bought a new gauge cluster and swapped them cluster didn't work and now my original one doesn't work ethier. I leave for basic military training in a few weeks and would like it done before then. Please and thank you all help is appreciated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.