TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Fairly simple, why replace lines though ? There are "O"
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Fairly simple, why replace lines though ? There are "O"

Posted by Trimble Epic on December 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 214 times.

In Reply To Fairly simple, why replace lines though ? There are "O" posted by ttz'in (NorCal) on December 07, 2014 at 01:08 AM

Message because I was a moron a year ago. I've learned a lot since ... monday. found and read "baseball's thread" on AC, and I feel like a chump for having bought a whole set of lines now.

I had taken her to a shop to "please fix my A/C". they said "first we had to convert to 134a, then when we tried to charge the system, it spilled out on our floor. So we need to order a pipe, but not sure which of two leaked."

They quoted me a price for NEW pipes, and eventually just said $2000 for the whole system fixed, wanting me to replace everything with oem new stock. Sigh.

I realize now that it's probably just 10-20$ worth of o-rings that leaked. I know my clutch was squealing before it blew out, so I should probably swap in that part with a replacement...

I'm doing my timing belt next week over vacation. I'll do my o-rings , compressor and drier while I'm in there. sigh.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.